Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE LICENCE TERMS CAREFULLY
BY CLICKING ON THE "ACCEPT" BUTTON, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS WHICH WILL BIND YOU.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT CLICK THE "ACCEPT" BUTTON.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for your future reference.
Who we are and what this agreement does
We, Pie Money Limited of 77 Lower Camden Street, Dublin, Republic of Ireland, D02 XE80, (registered company number 728745) and any affiliated company, licence you to use:
- the Pie Money mobile application software (the "App") and any updates or supplements to it; and
- the service you connect to via the App and the functionality and content we provide to you through it (the "Pie Money Services"), as permitted in these terms.
Subject to your payment of the Subscription Fees, you will be able to access the App and use the Pie Money Services. The Pie Money Services will enable you to: (i) import and view your income and outgoings across your [UK] bank accounts on the App; (ii) calculate the tax that you owe to HMRC; (iii) conduct a self-assessment of the tax that you owe to HMRC; (iv) file your self-assessed tax return with HMRC via the App; (v) monitor the progress of tax returns that you file to HMRC; and (vi) chat with our representatives to assist you in using the App and the Pie Money Services. You may purchase an additional service separately requesting us to review your tax submission for you which will include a guaranteed level of service in communicating with HMRC on your behalf in relation to your tax return.
The Pie Money Services do not include any legal advice services, accountancy advisory services, tax advice services, the auditing of your books and records or any other services than those expressly described within these terms.
We make no guarantee that you will be entitled to a tax rebate and make no guarantee that the estimated calculation of the rebate in the App will be the actual rebate you are entitled to. Accordingly, we will not be liable to you if the App is in any way inaccurate, including if the actual rebate of your tax is less than that estimated in the App. Any inaccuracy in the App, including if you receive less than the tax rebate indicated in the App, does not affect the fees you are required to pay us. Any tax rebate (or lack thereof) estimated or generated to you is based on the information that you provide.
Some users may be a client of the eToro trading app (“eToro”). When setting up your Pie account, you may choose to declare this as part of the onboarding process. If you choose to do so, you are consenting to providing Pie with your unique identifying username for eToro. Pie shares this with eToro for the purpose of settling any discrepancies between the declaration you make to Pie as part of your tax return and the information held by eToro. No further information is stored by Pie in relation to your eToro account nor is any further personal information transferred between Pie and eToro.
You agree to pay the monthly or annual fees for the App as notified to you and which you choose on the relevant app store once you select to download the App and purchase the Pie Money Services (the "Subscription Fees"). If you elect to purchase any additional services, the App will display the proposed fees that you will be charged.
Once you place an order with us for the Pie Money Services, the fees are non-refundable and you will be charged on a monthly basis until you notify us that you wish to cancel your subscription to the App and the Pie Money Service.
If you decide that you no longer wish to access the App and use the Pie Money Services, you can either (i) cancel your subscription via the App in the My Account section of the App; (ii) notify us in writing in the ways set out in the Contacting us (including with complaints) of these terms that you wish to cancel your subscription; or (iii) cancel your subscription via the relevant app store that you purchased the App from. Once you cancel your subscription, you will not be liable to pay any further Subscription Fees and your access to the App and use of the Pie Money Services will cease from the date that your next monthly or annual Subscription Fee was due. We reserve the right to increase the Subscription Fees from time to time and will notify you in advance in writing if we intend to do so.
Our fees will be included as an expense for the purposes of calculating your business expenses and, accordingly, we will send you a full breakdown of our fees including any VAT payable in addition by email.
If you change your mind about our Services, a refund of Subscription Fees is only possible within 48 hours of your payment of the Subscription Fees. If you cancel your subscription, the above cancellation terms will apply. Cancellation of an annual Subscription at any time throughout the subscription year will forfeit the full Subscription Fee and no part-refunds will be made, as your access to the App will continue until the day before your next Subscription Fee would be due.
You agree that you will:
- not rent, lease, sub-license, loan, provide or otherwise make available the App or the Pie Money Services in any form, in whole or in part to any person without prior written consent from us;
- not copy the App or the Pie Money Services, except as part of the normal use of the App or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security;
- not translate, merge, adapt, vary, alter or modify the whole or any part of the App or the Pie Money Services nor permit the App or the Pie Money Services or any part of them to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs, except as necessary to use the App and the Pie Money Services on devices as permitted in these terms;
- not disassemble, de-compile, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the App or the Pie Money Services nor attempt to do any such things, except to the extent that you are a consumer and (by virtue of sections 50B and 296A of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988) such actions cannot be prohibited because they are necessary to decompile the App to obtain the information necessary to create an independent program that can be operated with the App or with another program ("Permitted Objective"), and provided that the information obtained by you during such activities:
is not disclosed or communicated without our prior written consent to any third party to whom it is not necessary to disclose or communicate it in order to achieve the Permitted Objective; and
is not used to create any software that is substantially similar in its expression to the App;
is kept secure; and
is used only for the Permitted Objective.
Acceptable use restrictions
- not use the App or any of the Pie Money Services in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose or in any manner inconsistent with these terms, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, such as viruses or harmful data, into the App, any of the Pie Money Services or any operating system;
- not infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the App or any of the Pie Money Services (to the extent that such use is not licensed by these terms);
- not transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of the App or any of the Pie Money Services;
- not use the App or any of the Pie Money Services in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users; and
- not collect or harvest any information or data from any of the Pie Money Services or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running any of the Pie Money Services.
Under data protection legislation, we are required to provide you with certain information including who we are, how we process your personal data and for what purposes and your rights in relation to your personal data and how to exercise them. This information is provided at pie.tax/privacy and it is important that you read that information.
Other terms also apply
The ways in which you can use the App may also be controlled by the terms and conditions of the applicable app store from which you have downloaded the App: https://play.google.com/intl/en-GB_us/about/play-terms/index.html; https://www.apple.com/uk/legal/internet-services/itunes/uk/terms.html.
Operating system requirements
The App requires either an Apple device or a Google device with the minimum memory and operating system requirements as are set out on our website from time to time.
Support for the App and how to tell us about problems
Support. If you want to learn more about the App, the Pie Money Services or have any problems using them please (i) call us on +44 736 0275500, (ii) email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (iii) send us a message via the chat function in the App.
Contacting us (including with complaints). If you think the App or the Pie Money Services are faulty or misdescribed or wish to contact us for any other reason, please (i) send us a message via the chat function in the App, (ii) email our customer service team at email@example.com, or (iii) call them on +44 736 0275500.
How we will communicate with you. If we have to contact you, we will do so by email using the contact details you have provided to us or send you a message via the chat function in the App or by push notification, if this service is activated in your phone settings.
How you may use the App, including how many devices you may use it on
In return for your agreement to comply with these terms, you may:
- download a copy of the App onto your Apple or Android device and view, use and display the App and the Pie Money Services on such devices for your personal purposes only; and
- receive and use any free supplementary software code or update of the App incorporating "patches" and corrections of errors as we may provide to you.
You must be at least 16 years old to accept these terms and use the App.
You may not transfer the App to someone else
We are giving you a personal right to use the App and the Pie Money Services as set out above in the 'How you may use the App' section. You are not allowed to transfer the App or the Pie Money Services to someone else, whether for money, for anything else or for free. If you sell any device on which the App is installed, you must remove the App from it.
Changes to these terms
We may need to change these terms to reflect changes in law or best practice or to deal with additional features which we introduce.
We will give you at least 30 days' notice of any change to these terms by sending you an email with details of the change or notifying you of a change when you next start the App.
We will ask you to confirm your agreement to the revised terms when you next start the App. If you disagree with the revised terms, you may terminate this contract with immediate effect by contacting our Support team (see above). If you do not terminate the contract, your continued access to or use of the App and the Pie Money Services will constitute acceptance of the revised terms.
Update to the App and changes to the Pie Money Services
From time to time, we may automatically update the App and change the Pie Money Services to improve performance, enhance functionality, reflect changes to the operating system or address security issues. Alternatively, we may ask you to update the App for these reasons.
If you choose not to install such updates or if you opt out of automatic updates, you may not be able to continue using the App and the Pie Money Services.
We can withdraw the App and the Pie Money Services
We can stop providing the App and the Pie Money Services to users. Where we can, we will try to let you know about this in advance.
If someone else owns the phone or device you are using
If you download or stream the App onto any phone or other device not owned by you, you must have the owner's permission to do so. You will be responsible for complying with these terms, whether or not you own the phone or other device.
We are not responsible for other websites
The App or any of the Pie Money Services may contain links to other independent websites that are not provided by us. Such independent sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and have not checked or approved their content or their privacy policies (if any).
You will need to make your own independent judgement about whether to use any such independent sites, including whether to buy any products or services offered by them.
Intellectual property rights
All intellectual property rights in the App and the Pie Money Services throughout the world belong to us (or our licensors or TrueLayer's licensors) and the rights in the App and the Pie Money Services are licensed (not sold) to you. You have no intellectual property rights (including but not limited to rights to any patents, copyright, database rights, trade secrets, trade names, trade marks (registered or unregistered) or any other rights or licences) in or to the App or the Pie Money Services, other than the right to use them in accordance with these terms.
You agree that you own, or have the right to licence to us, the rights in any data or other information you send to us and/or input into the App, including but not limited to invoices, payslips, receipts and other accounting information that you upload onto the App (the "Input Data"). You hereby grant us a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual licence to use the Input Data for the purposes of providing the Pie Money Services to you. You warrant that the Input Data is true, accurate, not misleading, complete and does not infringe any third-party intellectual property rights, including copyright.
If you are a consumer, your legal right to change your mind
For most of our services bought on the App, you have 14 days after the date we confirm your order to change your mind about a purchase but you lose the right to cancel the Pie Money Services, when a part of the service has been completed (and you must pay for any services provided up the time you cancel). This right does not apply to any users who use the Pie Money Services in connection with their trade, profession or business.
If you change your mind, contact us by email informing us that you wish to cancel and the reason why or fill in the form at the end of these terms and conditions and send it to us by email or mail. We will refund you as soon as possible and within 14 days of you telling us you've changed your mind. We will refund you by the method you used for payment. We don't charge a fee for the refund.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Our legal responsibility to you. In order to provide the Pie Money Services, we rely on you to provide all documentation and information that we request from you and such documentation and information must be accurate and correct. We are not responsible for any errors or losses arising as a result of any documentation or information which is inaccurate or incorrect.
Where you have filed a tax return with HMRC via the App, you agree that we are not responsible for any late penalties, fines, interest or any other losses arising from filing the tax return. It is your obligation, not ours, to ensure that your tax return is filed on time.
Our responsibility to consumers. We are responsible for losses you suffer caused by us breaking this contract unless the loss is:
- Unexpected. It was not obvious that it would happen and nothing you said to us before installing the App meant we should have expected it (so, in the law, the loss was unforeseeable).
- Caused by a delaying event outside our control. As long as we have taken the steps set out in the section 'We are not responsible for events outside our control'.
- Avoidable. Something you could have avoided by taking reasonable action. For example, damage to your own digital content or device, which was caused by digital content we supplied and which you could have avoided by following our advice to apply a free update or by correctly following the installation instructions or having the minimum system requirements advised by us.
- A business loss. We only provide the App and the Pie Money Services for your domestic and private use. If you use the App or the Pie Money Services for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose, we have no responsibility to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Our responsibility to business users
Where you use the App in connection with your trade or business:
- We shall not be liable to you (whether in contract, tort including negligence or otherwise) for any:
- loss of profits or revenue (whether direct or indirect);
- loss of opportunity or anticipated savings (whether direct or indirect);
- loss of goodwill or reputation (whether direct or indirect);
- loss or corruption of data (whether direct or indirect); or
- special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- Our maximum aggregate liability to you shall not exceed the Subscription Fees that you have paid to us as at the date the relevant liability arises.
Losses we never limit or exclude. Nothing in these terms shall limit or exclude our responsibility for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence (i.e. if we fail to take reasonable care or exercise reasonable skill in the performance of a contract), or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors (as applicable);
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation (i.e. if we deliberately tell you something that is untrue, which you then reasonably rely on); or
- any other matter in respect of which it would be unlawful for us to exclude or restrict liability.
Limitations to the App and the Pie Money Services. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information provided by the App and the Pie Money Services, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that such information is accurate, complete or up to date.
Please back-up content and data used with the App. We recommend that you back up any content and data used in connection with the App to protect yourself in case of problems with the App or the Pie Money Services.
Check that the App and the Pie Money Services are suitable for you. The App and the Pie Money Services have not been developed to meet your individual requirements. Please check that the facilities and functions of the App and the Pie Money Services (as described on the applicable store that you downloaded the App from) meet your requirements.
We are not responsible for events outside our control. If our provision of the Pie Money Services or support for the App or the Pie Money Services are delayed by an event outside our control (whether caused, for example, by inclement weather, fire, flood or other natural disaster, accident, trade dispute, government action, epidemic, pandemic or any other reason beyond our control), then we will contact you as soon as practicable to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided that we do this, we will not be liable for delays caused by the event.
We may end your rights to use the App and the Pie Money Services if you do not comply with these terms
We may end your rights to use the App and Pie Money Services at any time by contacting you if you have failed to comply with these terms in a serious way. If what you have done can be put right, we will give you a reasonable opportunity to do so.
If we end your rights to use the App and Pie Money Services:
- You must stop all activities authorised by these terms, including your use of the App and any of the Pie Money Services.
- You must delete or remove the App from all devices in your possession and immediately destroy all copies of the App that you have and confirm to us that you have done this.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under these terms.
You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else
You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree in writing.
No rights for third parties
These terms are between you and us. Nobody else can enforce them and neither of us will need to ask anybody else to sign-off on ending or changing them.
No partnership or agency
Nothing in these terms is intended to, or shall be deemed to, establish any partnership or joint venture between you and us, constitute us being your agent, or authorise either you or us to make or enter into any commitments for or on behalf of the other.
If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force
Each paragraph of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings
These terms are governed by English law. If you are a consumer then, wherever you live, you can bring claims against us in the English courts and if you live in Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland, you can also bring claims against us in the courts of the country you live in. If you are a consumer, we can claim against you in the courts of the country you live in. If you are not a consumer, you agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these terms.
(Complete and return this form only if you wish to withdraw from the contract)
To Pie Money Limited of 77 Lower Camden Street, Dublin, Republic of Ireland, D02 XE80:
I hereby give notice that I cancel my contract of sale for the supply of the Pie Money Services via the Pie Money App,
Name of consumer,
Address of consumer,
Signature of consumer (only if this form is notified on paper):